Automatically detect and sync Active Directory changes to ensure consistency with the Kaseya IT Systems Management Platform
Every organization deals with organizational change on a regular basis—most commonly the loss and addition of personnel. Ensuring that each system and the corresponding user contact information is accounted for properly is paramount to a successful IT systems management strategy. Undocumented, these changes could lead to unmanaged systems on the network that could pose a huge risk to the security, availability and performance of the entire IT environment.
Making sure every system and contact is accounted for by your IT systems management solution requires complex configuration, and, frankly, a lot of luck. There has to be a better way.
Synching IT Systems Management with Active Directory
Luckily there is. Kaseya Directory Services automatically detects distributed systems and syncs with one or more Active Directory domains, centralizing user contact information and computer management data directly into the Kaseya Portal. By leveraging existing Active Directory infrastructure, organizations can efficiently ensure a complete and proactive IT systems management strategyby reusing existing organisational data and security settings.
Any management task—whether it is defragging a hard drive, deploying software or troubleshooting a help desk issue—relies on up-to-date inventory and management data that can help administrators streamline operations and reduce time to resolution. Synchronising information between the Active Directory and the Kaseya IT Automation Framework, this information is assured of being accurate, giving administrators the information, tools and user contact information they need to execute powerful and efficient IT services.
Benefits of Kaseya Directory Services:
- Automatically discover and synch Active Directory domains with the Kaseya IT Automation Framework, including contact and computer details based on defined Kaseya policies
- Give administrators the up-to-date system and user contact information they need when conducting maintenance, updating machines or resolving help desk issues
- Automatically update auditing information in Kaseya as changes are made to Active Directory
- Provide users with secure remote access to their work machines without configuring a VPN
- Support unified login access between the network domain and Kaseya portal
- Allow technicians to reset passwords in addition to disabling or enabling Active Directory accounts directly from the Kaseya Service Desk