Ensure consistent service billing by automatically tracking manual and recurring services.
Despite the trend toward the freemium business model, there aren’t many businesses that can stay afloat giving away their product or services for free. The same can be said for managed service providers (MSPs). The ability to track and bill for recurring services is critical for integrators who are embracing the managed services business model.
Ensure consistent billing by automatically tracking manual and recurring services delivered through the Kaseya centralized, consolidated Web-based management dashboard.
IT operations that are performed on managed systems such as issuing a patch, conducting a backup or upgrading software are billable actions that don’t’ always show up on final invoices. Likewise, hours spent remediating a help desk issue or setting up a new user need to be tracked and accounted for as well. Unfortunately, administrators don’t always record their hours correctly, nor do they always record every task they perform on managed systems. As a result, income is sometimes left on the table.
For corporate IT departments, chargeback policies may require you to track IT services delivered to various departments and put a value on work completed and services delivered.
Monetize Automatic and Recurring Services Delivered
The Kaseya Service Billing module gives MSPs and corporate IT departments the ability to track and bill for actual services delivered. Regardless of whether you bill by the hour or by services delivered, Kaseya automatically captures IT operations information and tracks it in a central repository where it can be:
- Viewed through the Kaseya online management dashboard
- Compiled in various reports that are emailed to stake holders
- Fed into third-party accounting software or cloud services like QuickBooks
- Used to develop accurate project estimates based on previous workloads and billing data
Not every IT service provider embraces the same business model, and Kaseya can be customized to fit your unique service delivery and billing methods. MSPs can track recurring services such as backups, software delivery and antivirus scans. Tasks executed on specific asset types—such as Windows XP machines or web servers—can also be grouped and billed out through Kaseya’s Billing Sets functionality.
Additionally, break-fix integrators can leverage the Kaseya session timer that helps administrators track their time spent on specific tasks. The timer follows them around whether they log in to Kaseya from the office, from home or on site with customers.
Benefits of Kaseya Service Billing
- Enable accurate and consistent billing for manual and recurring services delivered
- Enable the managed services business model through accurate billing
- Plan for future workload and billing
- Track maintenance conducted on groups of machines or individual systems
- Achieve a 360 degree view of customers including machine ID numbers, user information, service desk tickets, maintenance data and billing information
Automatically Track IT Operations
Kaseya tracks all managements tasks conducted on all systems in a customer environment, on groups of machines or on individual systems. This allows service providers to track:
Kaseya gives integrators the ability to track all aspects of a customer from an IT service management perspective, providing a 360 degree view of managed assets, user behavior, policies and procedures, IT inventory, billing and rates, service desk tickets, histories and associated documents and notes. This information is available throughout the Kaseya IT Automation Framework and can be fed into reports, invoices and project estimates.
Having asset procurement and equipment purchasing information simplifies planning and resource procurement. Parts lists can be analyzed to determine needs and budgets.
Documents, Invoices and Notes
Kaseya centrally collects all documentation relating to IT service management including correspondence, work orders, maintenance logs, reports and invoices.
The ability to leverage inventory information through the Kaseya IT Automation Framework enables more accurate and flexible billing. A backup costs more than a basic antivirus scan. Managed servers can be billed differently than workstations. Critical systems needed 24-hour monitoring and level II remediation can be billed at a higher rate than back up systems. Kaseya applies different billing rates and recurring services to different asset types, ensuring you are paid according to actual work completed.
Kaseya Service Billing Allows You To:
- Track all manual and recurring services delivered to customers or departments
- Capture time spent on IT operations
- Automatically transfer specific IT tasks to billing software and invoices
- Deliver accurate project estimates based on real-world past workload and billing data
- Use audit information to accurately bill for services delivered for different types of IT assets
- Generate reports showing the monetization of services delivered and integrate them with billing software
- Group asset types and bill customers accordingly
- New: Export transactions to CSV format for additional reporting or ERP integration
- New: Customize report templates and charts to match service offering