Let’s make a set of assumptions:
- Many of you are business owners.
- Many of you are owner-operators.
- Many of you are unsure of your exit strategy.
Often times, key man insurance is a luxury that most business owners don’t consider. What else have you done to ensure that your employees and your business can survive even just an extended illness from their fearless leader? A short little writeup from Inc.com offers one owners experience and perspective on the number one reason business owners sell: Illness. Click here to read the article.
Sound off in the comments about what you’ve done to ensure your business value if you needed to sell, or operational continuity if you had to take an extended absence.
- Do you have a succession plan?
- Who will take over for you?
- Do they know you’ve chosen them?