What would an MSP be without an RMM? Not much. Fact is, remote monitoring and management solutions are the core of most MSPs’ operation. The RMM defines how much you can do with client networks and end points. And it defines the technician experience – how efficient and easy the RMM is to use.
With this in mind, Kaseya has been working night and day to improve Kaseya VSA, now on version 9.3 with 9.4 soon to come. Much of the work has been to fully tune VSA to suit the needs of MSPs. It truly is next generation RMM. That’s our view. Now independent consulting firm Clarity Channel Advisors has confirmed what we knew all along – that VSA is the best RMM solution an MSP can buy today.
Kaseya VSA faced off against Autotask, ConnectWise and SolarWinds MSP.
The results were published in MSPmentor where VSA ran away with the top indexed score.
Here is a Clarity summary of why VSA came out on top. “Kaseya was the outright winner when evaluating the RMM capabilities of each platform and was ranked first or second in core capabilities. Kaseya excels in the area of automation and technician productivity which is highly critical in a competitive landscape where fixed fee engagements have become the norm and MSPs need to drive employee efficiency to realize satisfactory profit margins. Kaseya also offers better scale around its functionality and gives service providers more features to impress clients, which is the most important aspect of any MSP platform,” the Which is the Best Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM) Tool for MSPs? report concluded.
So why did Clarity choose now to perform such an in-depth evaluation? “The RMM/PSA ecosystem is in the midst of consolidation and the competition is getting fiercer by the day. With all the marketing rhetoric from vendors, it can be difficult to determine which platforms offer MSPs the greatest advantages. As the war of words has escalated over the last several months, Clarity Channel Advisors thought it would be beneficial to conduct an independent review of the top MSP platforms to give service providers an objective perspective of this dynamic marketplace,” the consultancy said.
Clarity had a raft of functions it evaluated:
- System Security
- Admin Productivity
- Technician Productivity
- Discovery / Monitoring
- Asset Inventory
- OS and Software Patching
- Policy Management
- Reporting / Dashboard
- Integrated PSA
- Open Platform
- Endpoint Security
VSA: Kaseya’s Next Generation RMM
Every day, Kaseya talks with MSPs about the changing needs in the marketplace ― and Kaseya has over 400 people working on software and services to MSPs optimally run their business.
Part of the development mantra for VSA has been ease of use. With complex, first-generation RMMs, MSPs often devote a technician full time to running the RMM. That’s because MSPs are trying to force more generic RMMs to do things they weren’t designed to do.
Meanwhile, MSPs need to handle tens or hundreds or even thousands of clients, and far more end points. Most RMMs just can’t scale to accommodate this. And with the limited automation of the systems, MSP technicians spend far too much doing tasks the RMM should take care of on its own.
Automation and control are two key MSP issues. First-generation RMM products have limited automation and only low-level scripting. But with VSA, MSPs can build a large volume of automation procedures (including policy-based automation), automation scripts, templates, and reports quickly and easily.
So what is a next-generation RMM? It is one that eliminates the downsides of today’s generation of solutions. And it should be backed by a next-generation RMM vendor – one that never stops innovating – and is always looking for new features that make MSPs’ clients lives easier and their technicians more productive.
Most Productive Technician Experience
VSA delivers the industry’s fastest, most reliable and functionally complete remote monitoring and management to reimagine the technician experience through:
- Real Time Visibility: Live Connect module delivers immediate, comprehensive, and real-time visibility into every aspect of an end point such as CPU utilization, application processes, services, disk utilization, activity metrics and service tickets-without interrupting the end user’s system.
- Fast Remote Control: VSA’s remote control is accessible within Live Connect to enable rapid resolution of complex device problems by technicians.
- Reduced Site Visits: New Kaseya VSA and Intel vPro integration enables non-responsive PCs or kiosks to be repaired remotely without the cost or delays associated with a site visit.
- Extensible Automation: Technicians can leverage an extensible library of automated procedures to address common issues, such as rebooting, disk cleanup, service restarts, or clearing registry problems.
- Improved Technician Multi-tasking and Efficiency: Technicians can simultaneously monitor multiple devices, quickly toggle between remote sessions, and quickly zero-in to resolve issues.
- New Technician Experience: Live Connect employs Google’s Material Design guidelines to deliver a modern, clean and intuitive interface, which further increases efficiency and dramatically reduces staff training requirements.
Platform Scalability & Extensibility
VSA is engineered to meet the demands of today’s disparate networks through:
- Peer-to-Peer: Peer-to-peer software deployment technology provides a new approach to distributing software applications and updates on a massive scale.
- Improved Scalability: Kaseya VSA 9.3 has benchmarked improved performance by up to 30 percent due to database performance, refactoring the server architecture and advanced performance engineering.
- Automation Exchange: Automation Exchange puts the power of the community to work by providing a central “clearing house” to foster the easy exchange of automation processes, scripts, reports, integrations and other customization.
MSPs Gaining Next-Generation RMM Rewards
The results of the Clarity face-off is no surprise to those of us that regularly talk to Kaseya MSP customers. “Kaseya’s VSA 9.3 was clearly developed with the technician experience in mind,” says Oscar Romero, lead systems engineer for Dataprise. “Kaseya continues to develop its products based on the feedback from their user-base and this latest version is another example. The ‘rebirth’ of managed security management and the redesigned Live Connect are two powerful technical forces which will empower our engineers to not only be more efficient but, also to provide first-class service delivery to our clients.”
Learn More, Get a Free Trial
So, take the winning RMM for a spin
And to find out how the next-generation RMM supports MSP 2.0 initiatives, read our ‘Kaseya IT Complete for MSPs’ report.