Lately Kaseya GM of Cloud Product Jim Lippie has been talking about the Catch-22 many MSPs face when looking at technology. Simply put, they fear moving to new technologies out of concern it will disrupt their organization, create a hassle for implementers and operations, and cost too much money.
As a result, they make do with older, installed technology. By this logic, we would all be using Blockbuster for our VCR tapes, shopping at Sears’ stores rather than Amazon, and buying our computer kit at CompUSA.
Next-generation technologies offer significant advantages over their predecessors, and failure to adopt them out of fear or reluctances means you are missing out on crucial opportunities.
A Better Way
A better answer is to be on the lookout for technologies that purposely disrupt. These technologies should transform the business in an eminently positive way – thus driving strategic revenue and more than paying for themselves quickly with an impressive ROI.
To do this, you must proactively evaluate the best solutions to make smarter technology decisions and fuel strategic growth.
This typically means leveraging next-generation solutions.
MSPs in particular should look to next-generation solutions to drive business value. Unfortunately, too many service providers still use first- generation MSP tools.
Characteristics of a first-generation MSP tool include:
- The accumulation of feature creep, which translates into very expensive consultants (required to train/customize)
- Old and outdated interface which frustrates and slows end users down
- Too many clicks to get anything done and creates business inefficiency
- Dated architecture that translates to sluggish performance
- Third-party plugins to secure application
If any of these describe the solution you are using, it’s time to consider migration to a next-generation solution.
The Power of a Next-Generation Technology
Kaseya BMS and VSA handle tickets with efficiency, and both include Live Connect for troubleshooting and repair. When combined Live Connect’s functionality presents exclusive benefits to MSPs, including:
Real-time Direct Access to Valuable Assets
- Allows you to launch directly into remote sessions from BMS tickets and assets
- Auto-generates tickets from VSA alarms with asset attached
- Delivers the deepest level of device fingerprinting available on the market today, putting the best data (e.g., patch history, age, and last disk defrag) into your techs’ hands by embedding critical information directly into the related ticket
- Provides the most advanced automation capabilities in the industry.
- When integrated seamlessly with BMS, MSPs can cut the volume of support by over 30 percent
Automatic Asset Sync
- All of the assets you discover in customers using VSA are carried over to BMS, automatically syncing discovery assets, alarms, and ticket changes. This ensures your PSA solution is always up-to-date with your customer requirements.
Automatic Ticket Dedupe:
- Eliminates the need to manually deduplicate unnecessary tickets cluttering workflows. Techs will be more productive and deal only with real issues instead of wasting time on duplicate problems.
To learn more, download our ebook, End the Compromise: Moving Beyond the MSP Tech Dilemma and be sure to sign up our upcoming webinar Overcoming the ‘Technology Catch-22’ to Fuel Strategic Growth.