End of the year audits are a burden on IT and business leaders alike. Knowing what assets you have and how they are used is a challenge, especially when your IT infrastructure is constantly expanding. With services and infrastructure reaching far beyond data centers into multi-cloud ecosystems, IT managers find it difficult to keep track of all the devices in the organization, let alone manage them.
- The prevalence of bring your own device (BYOD) culture comes with the challenge of knowing which assets IT has to manage, where they are and their current configurations.
- Tracking changes to assets such as software installations and updates.
- Reporting compliance to meet industry standards
- Having reliable data for audits so as to not risk noncompliance
Three words – Audit with Automation.
Organizations need to have a comprehensive real-time view of their entire operations in order to assess risks and demonstrate good governance of the business and its assets. VSA by Kaseya has the ability to audit effortlessly using automation saving time and money – so you can focus more on other strategic activities.
With the Audit and Inventory features of VSA by Kaseya, you can
- Automatically discover and track infrastructure – software, hardware, applications – any system that enters your network
- Have centralized control over the entire IT infrastructure landscape
- Report on the current software and hardware configurations and statistics
- Log every software and hardware change
- Deploy system configuration templates and standards
- Real-time visibility of compliance status of every system in the environment
The Business Benefits
- Saved Time and Increased Efficiency: Tracking inventory manually is time-consuming, demanding hours of employee time. With the right automated asset tracking and inventory solution, you get more work done with fewer employees.
- Saved Costs: The advances in technology and the demand for new applications create an environment where servers and networking hardware are being provisioned, retired, serviced and moved among facilities in a frenetic fashion. This leads to cases where organizations are paying for extended maintenance of servers which are no longer in use. Automated asset tracking and inventory can help reduce IT cost by managing assets effectively throughout their lifecycle.
- Sailing through Audits Seamlessly: An automated updated inventory of assets can help you deflect manual errors possibly caused by spreadsheets – typo errors, missed keystrokes and simple oversight – letting you sail through audits smoothly.
With automated asset and inventory management, audits are not only easier but much accurate as well. To know more about VSA by Kaseya, register for our webinar Get the Gift of an Automated End-of-Year Audit here.