Utilization and Network Map Dashboards
Kaseya Network Monitor is an agentless monitoring platform integrated directly into the Kaseya VSA which can be used to monitor all aspects of network connected devices including servers, hypervisors, routers, switches and firewalls.
Performance monitoring includes hypervisor, VM datastores, and host/device CPU, disk, memory and network bandwidth utilization as well as switch/router/firewall monitoring. On Windows platforms, both Windows performance registry counters and WMI queries are available.
File and directory monitoring can monitor if a file exists, the number of files in a directory, directory size and capacity, and if new files are added on a schedule.
Log monitoring triggers notifications and other actions when a log message is encountered that matches a pre-defined filter. Windows event log, Linux/Unix syslog and text log files are supported.
Database monitoring includes support for monitoring Oracle, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server and a generic ODBC monitor for use with other DBMS. All of the monitors can perform a SQL query as well as additional performance monitoring specific to each DBMS.
The SNMP trap monitor has advanced filtering capabilities and alarm conditions can be setup to respond to specific properties of the received trap. Additionally, an SNMP query monitor can poll specified OIDs, perform a simple calculation, and compare the result with a specified value.
The Mail Quality of Service monitor makes it possible to test the ability of a mail server to send and receive mail. Statistics about round trip time, time to send and login time are stored.
Lua Script – “There’s a script for that!”
Lua is a lightweight and easy to learn script language that is embedded into Kaseya Network Monitor. Using Lua and the Kaseya Network Monitor application programming interface, customers can create their own monitoring and recovery functions. To make development efficient, Kaseya provides a free Integrated Development Environment (IDE). Scripts can easily be exchanged between users on the Kaseya forums.
Learn More About Kaseya VSA Network Monitoring Capabilities
See how Kaseya VSA can help you solve your biggest challenges in Network Performance Monitoring and Management.
The toplist function delivers key metrics on all monitored resources in your network. The toplists can answer questions such as:
- What machines are using most CPU on average this month and how does it compare to last month?
- What machines have the least available disc capacity and how fast are the amounts of free disc space declining?
- What machines in the network transfer most data over the network during a day, week or month?
The numbers are processed and updated in real-time as the monitors test and can provide invaluable insights into your network.
- Reporting elements include charts, data tables, toplists and more.
- Reports can be scheduled to be generated and delivered by e-mail to specific operators or automatically published in local or remote folders via file transfer
- Kaseya Network Monitoring includes a set of pre-configured reports.
- Network maps with status and bandwidth usage visualization.
- Includes a selection of useful widgets ranging from real-time information to notepads.
- Dashboards can be viewed without the need to log into the system.