Kaseya® is the leading provider of complete IT infrastructure and security management solutions for Managed Service Providers (MSPs) and internal IT organizations worldwide. Kaseya’s best-in-breed technologies allow organizations to efficiently manage and secure IT to drive sustained business success. Kaseya has achieved sustained, strong double-digit growth over the past several years and is backed by Insight Venture Partners www.insightpartners.com), a leading global private equity firm investing in high-growth technology and software companies that drive transformative change in the industries they serve.
Founded in 2000, Kaseya currently serves customers in over 20 countries across a wide variety of industries and manages over 15 million endpoints worldwide. To learn more about our company and our award-winning solutions, go to www.Kaseya.com and for more information on Kaseya’s culture, please click here: Kaseya Culture.
Kaseya is not your typical company. We are not afraid to tell you exactly who we are and our expectations. We have achieved record levels of success being BOLD, being GRITTY, being ACCOUNTABLE. The thousands of people that succeed at Kaseya are prepared to go above and beyond for the betterment of our customers, and the betterment of their careers and long-term financial wealth.
DevOps Database Engineer II
Are you ready to make an impact?
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Kaseya is seeking a dynamic and forward-thinking DevOps Database Engineer 2 to join our cutting-edge DevOps team. As a DevOps Database Engineer 2 at Kaseya, you will be a key player in revolutionizing database operations, driving automation, and ensuring the high performance, availability, and security of our databases in a DevOps environment.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
The DevOps Database Engineer will continuously enhance the automation of database deployments and maintenance for the Kaseya Cloud infrastructure. You’ll work closely with various stakeholders to understand their needs for databases. Given that understanding, you will make recommendations and provide self-service offerings that enable stakeholders to deploy, monitor and maintain the right databases for their needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop systems to further automate the deployment and maintenance of database services
- Must have a demonstrated query optimization experience and a thorough understanding of exaction plans.
- Enhance automated functions including, monitoring, patching, backup, recovery, high availability, user management, access control and audit logging
- Add automated tests for every function on a continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform
- Collaborate with stakeholders to further understand their needs for databases, make recommendations and ultimately deploy solutions in the form of the databases and their orchestration
- Collaborate on the development of a content catalog to enable stakeholders to deploy their own solutions
- Collaborate with Site Reliability Engineers (SRE) to ensure that use of content catalog provides the insights and control they need to guarantee uptime
- Provide second tier support for database issues
- Provide first tier on-call support for legacy instances of databases, including participation with four other team members in a 24X7 pager rotation
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Experience with databases including MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, Cassandra and CockRoachDB
- Experience as a Database Administrator & willing to further their career into DevOps
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience with software development, automation, infrastructure as code, and data-driven analysis
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Terraform, Puppet, Ansible, and Salt
- Hands-on experience with mainline programming and scripting languages such as Bash, PHP and Python
- Familiar with standard tools and platforms that enable continuous delivery such as GitLab, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Docker, JIRA, and ServiceNow.
- Significant experience with virtualized and bare metal infrastructure; OpenStack experience strongly preferred
- Experience with monitoring and management
- Strong root cause analysis and troubleshooting competency
- Strong tendency to automate and monitor everything
Join the fastest growing tech company in the world servicing over 50,000 companies globally!
If this sounds like the right career to fit your personality and interests, please apply, we are looking forward to meeting you!
Join the Kaseya growth rocket ship and see how we are #ChangingLives !
Kaseya provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, age, ancestry, gender, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.