Technical Support Description
Kaseya provides Technical Support Services to its customers pursuant to the agreements that exist between Kaseya and those customers such as, for example, the Kaseya Master Agreement. Kaseya Technical Support responds to customer requests for assistance to help evaluate, identify and resolve technical problems encountered with Kaseya products and services (“Products”) covered by an active Service Subscription or Maintenance Subscription, as defined in Kaseya’s Master Agreement, and Kaseya’s Maintenance Policy Documentation. Many of Kaseya’s Technical Support Services policies are described in this document.
Obtaining Technical Support
Customers have the ability to obtain technical information about Kaseya Products through a variety of resources, including a self-service Knowledge Base solution which includes articles addressing common issues and questions. Customers with active Maintenance Subscriptions, or Service Subscriptions to Kaseya Products that include the ability to submit tickets via our support helpdesk, may also request technical support from Kaseya directly. Before requesting technical support for a suspected problem, customers should review the reference information available in the Documentation, Knowledge Base and Education, and also search the user forums, many of which can be found at the Kaseya Helpdesk portion of our website.
If, after research, it is deemed necessary to contact Kaseya for technical support, customer requests must be entered through the Kaseya Helpdesk. A support ticket will be created based on information supplied, and a ticket number will be assigned at the time of creation to be used for tracking and communication purposes. This ticket number must be referenced for all future feedback and communication. Kaseya’s Technical Support protocol is to respond to tickets that have been opened according to any Severity Level definitions and response times as described in the Kaseya Helpdesk. Responses will be via ticket updates that may be viewed through the Kaseya Helpdesk site, referencing the ticket number. Telephone communication may also be used in the course of researching and responding to tickets, but in all cases, a ticket must be opened in the system in order for technical support services to be delivered.
Kaseya Technical Support does not include implementation, training, consulting, development or hosting services. Questions that are out of the scope of Technical Support (see details below) should be directed to Kaseya’s Consulting or Education departments. Please contact your Kaseya sales representative for more information.
Submitting Support Tickets
When submitting a new ticket, various items of information are required for the Kaseya Technical Support staff to properly identify and diagnose the issue. This information may include, but is not limited to:
- Subject: A short summary of the issue.
- Description: The full description of the issue and expected results, with as much detail as possible.
- Business Impact (Severity): See the Kaseya Helpdesk for definitions of Severity Levels.
- Server URL: The full web address of the Kaseya Server in question, if applicable.
- Module or Product Category: Values as documented in the Kaseya ticketing system.
- Steps to Reproduce: The steps that led to the issue and specific instructions to re-create the issue.
- Example Machines: The Group ID and Machine ID of endpoint computers exhibiting the reported issue, if applicable.
- Core Solution Version Number: The version number of the affected Product.
Failure to supply this information with the submission of a ticket may result in delay in obtaining support assistance, or in the ticket being placed in a hold status, pending the required information being provided. If the customer fails to implement the steps suggested to troubleshoot or correct the issue, Kaseya Technical Support may close and/or reduce the ticket’s Severity Level, as defined in the Severity Levels section of this document.
In addition, customers are encouraged to provide details of any special circumstances surrounding the discovery of the issue. Please refer to the Kaseya Knowledge Base accessible through the Kaseya Helpdesk for more helpful information.
As part of the investigation process, the support technician may request access to the customer’s Kaseya Product to verify or attempt to recreate the issue or in order to gather additional information. Access to a customer’s Kaseya Product by Kaseya Technical Support personnel is logged. The system records the user name and time that the access is used. Customers of on-premise Kaseya Products who wish to engage Kaseya Technical Support in this fashion must ensure they have created the Kaseya Support Login as detailed on the system / request support page of the Kaseya) Product, and all customers must include example machines and/or endpoints that may be used for testing or verification purposes. If the issue is configuration related, Kaseya Technical Support may request that the issue be recreated in a controlled environment to gather required information.
Kaseya Products typically rely on a stable platform that complies with System Requirements section on of the applicable Product specification. If the issue is determined to be due to hardware, operating system or other equipment or system issues in your operating environment, Kaseya will make recommendations for changes and, upon customer request, continue to investigate once such issues are remedied by the customer.
All reports of issues must be made to Kaseya by Authorized Contact(s) as defined below. Assigning and identifying Authorized Contacts ensures that only customer authorized personnel are able to engage Kaseya Technical Support staff in activities which may necessitate modifications or scheduled downtime of the system.
‘Authorized Contact(s)’ are defined as one or more customer representatives designated by the customer to open tickets with Kaseya to request technical assistance. Each Authorized Contact must have sufficient technical expertise, training and/or experience to follow advice and directions given by support staff while understanding and mitigating any associated risk to system availability / data integrity, and will also be responsible for all communications with Kaseya Technical Support. The customer will promptly notify Kaseya in writing or by e-mail of the names, e-mail addresses and direct telephone numbers of its designated Authorized Contact(s). The customer may substitute Authorized Contact(s) from time to time by giving Kaseya prior notice in writing or by e-mail, including the relevant details for any new Authorized Contact. It is recommended, but not required, that the customer’s Authorized Contacts obtain Kaseya Certified Administrator certification, and renew such certification annually. As an incentive to obtaining and maintaining current certification, priority within the Kaseya ticket dispatching system will be given to tickets opened by Kaseya Certified Administrators with current certifications.
Continuous‐Efforts and Availability of Customer Personnel
Customers must designate Authorized Contacts that are available for continuous consultation as needed to gather additional documentation and/or conduct resolution testing to ensure progress with the support issue. If a customer elects not to designate Authorized Contacts that are so available, work on the support issue may be suspended, and the severity designation of the ticket may be downgraded.
Ticket Closure Policy
In general, a ticket will remain open until Kaseya Technical Support has investigated the problem, reached a determination as to its resolution, and communicated that resolution to the customer.
Kaseya reserves the right to mark a ticket as Solved under the following circumstances:
- A response from the customer is not received despite repeated efforts to make contact, typically after five (5) days with no response.
- Kaseya Technical Support is advised that the customer no longer requires the ticket to remain open.
- A reported Product issue is, or will be, resolved by downloading and applying a current patch or upgrade.
- Kaseya determines that the Product is working as designed and in accordance with its documentation.
- Kaseya determines that the support request is actually a feature enhancement request or suggestion, in which case the ticket will be marked as Solved and the customer will be directed to submit the Feature Request in the Knowledge Base.
- Kaseya determines the customer’s support request is out of scope (e.g., a training request, a licensing or business issue, a requirement for education or professional services, etc.).
- Kaseya determines that the problem does not materially impact the functioning of the Product, and will not receive a fix at this time.
In the event the customer believes that a ticket has been prematurely marked as Solved, it may be re-opened by the customer with clarification within five (5) days of closure. Once a ticket is marked as Solved, if no update is received within five (5) days, the ticket will be permanently marked as “Closed” and it can no longer be reopened. If the issue recurs, a new ticket must be created.
Kaseya Technical Support follow-up efforts and responses for subsequent updates will be provided via the ticketing system and/or by telephone, prioritized by severity level.
Regular follow-up updates will be provided until root cause or a workaround has been established, or agreed otherwise with the customer.
Kaseya Technical Support will automatically escalate business-critical issues and will make commercially reasonable attempts to remain engaged until a resolution or workaround is in place. Customers may request further escalation at any point by requesting updates or escalation in the ticket, and by requesting consultation with Kaseya Technical Support Management, either within the ticket or by telephone during Kaseya’s Technical Support business hours.
Kaseya’s obligation to provide Technical Support Services is conditioned upon the customer:
- Following all of Kaseya’s installation and maintenance instructions;
- Using the Kaseya Knowledge Base system to research topics and potential resolutions prior to submitting a ticket;
- Making reasonable efforts to resolve any tickets after obtaining a proposed resolution from Kaseya;
- Using best efforts to provide Kaseya, at Kaseya’s reasonable request, with data, information, assistance, materials and access to customer’s equipment as necessary;
- Promptly installing all patches and updates;
- Ensuring that all hardware and environmental specifications meet Kaseya documented requirements;
- Eliminating potential conflicts caused by non-Kaseya products interfering with Kaseya Product operation; and
- Creating a separate support ticket for each unique issue through Kaseya’s online support system to obtain assistance from a Kaseya Support Technician.
End of Support Policy
Kaseya will provide Technical Support Services for the then-current version of its Product, however, for on-premise Kaseya Products, Kaseya will provide Technical Support Services for any Product version that has been the current version during the past one (1) year. Kaseya may from time to time determine that a particular Product will no longer be offered and will provide notice of such end-of-life date as well as end of support date.
Kaseya will not provide Technical Support Services for issues caused by (a) incorporation or appendix of a feature, program or device to the Product or any part thereof; (b) any issues caused by accident, transportation, neglect, misuse, alteration, modification or enhancement of the product; (c) failure to provide a suitable installation environment; (d) failure to provide an adequate test environment and procedures prior to upgrading the Kaseya system with a major upgrade; (e) use of the Product for other than the specific purpose for which the product is designed; (f) use of the Product in any operating environment other than one certified by Kaseya for the Product; or (g) failure to incorporate any Releases, Updates, or Patches previously provided by Kaseya which corrected such issue.
Kaseya reserves the right to change or discontinue this Technical Support Policy in its discretion at any time without notice.