Show stopping user conference brought down the house with over 1,800 attendees, major company announcements, new product updates and first-of-its-kind interactive show activities
New York and Miami – May 16, 2019 – Kaseya®, the leading provider of IT infrastructure management solutions for both external service providers (MSPs) and internal service providers (IT departments), capped off a stellar global Connect IT user conference in Las Vegas last week just off the heels of the company’s $500 million funding news. With over 1,800 attendees from around the world, Kaseya and its family of companies – Unitrends, Spanning Cloud Apps, RapidFire Tools, IT Glue and the newest member ID Agent – treated customers, partners and prospects to over 70 jam packed sessions that covered the latest trends affecting managed service providers and internal IT teams and the future of Kaseya’s product roadmap.
Key highlights from Connect IT 2019
New Product Enhancements
- Kaseya introduced 1-Click Secure Access, a first-of-its-kind feature that empowers technicians with immediate remote control capabilities by leveraging Kaseya’s existing access control capabilities. 1-Click increases technician efficiency by eliminating the complexity and overhead of third-party password management.
- Kaseya revealed its reimagined user interface that provides a consistent look and feel across all products in order to simplify workflow integrations and improve technician productivity.
- Kaseya announced that its popular BMS PSA solution now includes IT Glue natively built-in, providing technicians with instant access to contextual information and automated documentation right within their existing Kaseya BMS workspace.
- Kaseya showed off a slick new integration with Cytracom (VoIP) into BMS. The integration enables MSPs, who use BMS and Cytracom, to access rich call data within the native platform while supporting end users, and delivers an instantaneous VoIP connection in two clicks to seamlessly add new helpdesk tickets in BMS.
Security Suite Enhancements
Kaseya demonstrated the depth of its security functionality through the combination of technologies from RapidFire Tools and newly acquired ID Agent to address the five functions of NIST’s Cybersecurity Framework (CSF). By adopting this five-part framework, Kaseya is able to quickly and effectively help customers:
- Identify: Identify, prioritize and quantify organizational risk
- Protect: Continuously identify and protect against system vulnerabilities
- Detect: Assure timely discovery of security incidents
- Respond: Quickly respond to recover from cyber threats and downtime
- Recover: Effectively restore normal operations after an incident
Powered Service 2.0
Building on the previous innovation of delivering custom-designed, “Go-to-Market-in-a-Box” offerings that enable MSPs to increase monthly recurring revenue, Powered Services 2.0 is the industry’s most comprehensive set of offerings that help MSPs build new recurring revenue streams in key strategic areas such as security, compliance and backup, and is designed to help MSPs win at every stage of the service lifecycle.
This new generation of Kaseya Powered Services provides a deeper-than-ever well of resources that MSPs can draw on for effectiveness from service design, sales & marketing readiness and sales execution, all the way to profitable service delivery.
Backup and Disaster Recovery Suite Enhancements
New Unitrends Cloud Backup (UCB) empowers IT professionals in small and mid-sized organizations and MSPs to protect data that resides on servers and endpoint devices by replicating it directly to the Unitrends Cloud.
- With UCB, businesses no longer have the risk of losing that data to a hard drive crash, a lost laptop, or ransomware. Once in the Unitrends Cloud, data is safeguarded from viruses, hackers, corruption, user error, and accidental deletion.
- With this new product, file-level recovery is simpler than ever because UCB removes the need to restore to a local physical storage device before returning data to its original location.
MSPs have the power to configure and manage backups, as well as produce usage reports for each of their customers.
For the first time, Kaseya honored companies and individuals for their outstanding achievements at its global user conference. The winners included:
- MSP Efficiency Award – StoredTech
- Internal IT Efficiency Award – Atomic Data
- Internal IT Automation Award – PA Cyber
- MSP Automation Award – Power Consulting
- The Community Award – MSPs – Baroan Technologies
- The Community Award – Internal IT – Upstream
- Fastest Growing MSP of the Year – TeamLogic IT
- MSP Salesperson of the Year – Erik Young, Thrive Networks
- MSP Techie of the Year – Angela Sweet, StoredTech
- IT Admin of the Year – Colin Gray, ABC Financial
- IT Department of the Year – ABC Financial
- MSP of the Year – Thrive Networks
Last but not least, the itopia + Google Cloud sponsored “Mission: Possible” Challenge with a $5,000 cash prize was won by a team of one –Flavio Suguimitzu of Meriplex Communications.
The competition pitted 42 teams of up to five attendees against each other to pass a rigorous production audit for a fictional company that announced a hostile takeover. Contestants had to build and onboard a new Google Cloud based environment armed with the itopia Cloud Automation Stack (CAS) and a sandbox of Kaseya IT Complete tools to pass an audit in 36 hours or less.
Regional Connect IT conferences will be held in Sydney, Australia in Oct. and Amsterdam, Netherlands in Nov. Registration is now open for both events.