LAUSANNE, SWITZERLAND – July 16, 2013 – Kaseya®, a leading provider of IT service management software, announced today that it has completed the purchase of Rover Apps, LLC, a provider of innovative cloud solutions that enable users to securely work with enterprise resources using their personal devices without giving up complete control of the device to the enterprise. Terms of the acquisition are undisclosed.
This acquisition enables Kaseya to provide market-leading security for mobile BYOD users using a secure containerized approach. MSPs and enterprises can now secure their corporate information on mobile devices without affecting user’s personal data. Capabilities of the Rover Apps solution include:
- Secure access to corporate applications, business email and document editing on mobile devices without any risk of corporate data leaks.
- Isolation of business data from personal data on the mobile device.
- Central management and control of users, policies and data access.
- Central control of corporate data and the ability to wipe it clean on user’s devices, without affecting the user’s personal data.
- Complete security of the enterprise network from user-downloaded personal applications, because only secure containers can reach the enterprise network.
- Same-day deployment offering enabling businesses to immediately start receiving the benefits of the solution.
“Our acquisition of Rover Apps enables us to deliver a comprehensive and unique solution to address the mobile BYOD security and management needs of our MSP and enterprise customers,” said Yogesh Gupta, CEO of Kaseya. “Business is rightfully concerned about the security of their corporate data and networks when users access business systems using their personal mobile devices and users don’t want to give IT departments the ability to control and destroy personal information on the devices they own. The containerized approach of our solution perfectly satisfies the needs of both constituents.”
“We are excited to join the Kaseya family and to offer our customers the benefits of the easily deployed Rover platform. This pairing will allow us to reach the broad population of BYOD mobile users in the markets Kaseya serves, bringing them a simple, secure means of managing company data on popular mobile platforms,” said Jonathan Foulkes, CEO for Rover Apps.
“Kaseya has established itself as a highly successful systems and service management solution provider with more than 10,000 customers globally,” said Dennis Drogseth, vice president, Enterprise Management Associates. “The RoverApps acquisition is an innovative complement to Kaseya’s strengths in mobile device management and IT Service management with clear user appeal. Collectively, Rover Apps combined with the Zyrion acquisition the week before reflect a significant expansion of Kaseya’s footprint towards a far more multi-dimensional provider of service and mobile management solutions with an eye to cloud/hybrid and consumer-driven IT.”
“We partnered with Rover Apps because they provide a missing piece that IT departments need to enable mobile workforces,” said Danny Ryan, co-founder and VP of business development for social systems integrator ThreeWill. “Rover is the easiest and most secure way we’ve found for extending BYOD access to information that would otherwise stay locked-up in enterprise systems like SharePoint. They’re a great fit for Kaseya and the MSP market.”
The Rover solution is available in two versions on the mobile device:
- Secure Web Browser for secure access to corporate intranets and web apps.
- Secure Mobile Suite which adds secure email and secure document access and editing.
Both versions require the Rover Gateway, which installs on a server and manages users and security policies. Communications between the Rover Gateway and Secure Container Suite occur over a private, encrypted communication channel that makes VPNs optional and requires no changes to firewall configurations.