Cybersecurity and data protection, inadequate IT budgets and outdated legacy systems top the list of this year’s challenges identified in the company’s eighth benchmark survey
MIAMI – July 12, 2022 – Kaseya®, the leading provider of unified IT management and security software for managed service providers (MSPs) and mid-market enterprises (MMEs), released today its 2022 IT Operations Report, which over the past year, surveyed close to 2,000 IT professionals globally to learn about their top priorities and challenges.
Key takeaways from this year’s benchmark survey include (% breakdown):
- The top three priorities are improving IT security overall (52%), increasing IT productivity through automation (33%) and migrating to the cloud (32%)
- The main three challenges are cybersecurity and data protection (49%), insufficient IT budgets and resources to meet demands (29%) and legacy systems that hamper growth and innovation (21%)
Another key finding this year is that 54% of respondents support integration strongly – that’s up from 48% last year. Most people surveyed shared that integration between all their solutions is the best approach. When asked which solutions specifically would benefit the most from integrations, access to IT documentation, ability to run automation scripts and ticket management were identified as the top three. Not surprisingly, security continues to be a main concern with 53% of IT professionals surveyed expressing they expect security staffing to increase this year – that represents a 7% increase over last year. Another notable takeaway is that remote workforce management, which was the third biggest budget driver last year, slipped three spots with 22% of respondents considering it an important driver.
“As we anticipated, cybersecurity and safeguarding data continues to be the #1 challenge for IT professionals.” said Mike Puglia, Chief Strategy Officer at Kaseya. “Our leading IT Complete platform is designed to address those demands along with the need for more workflow integrations to maximize operational efficiencies. Keeping restricted budgets in mind, we have intentionally designed the IT Complete suite of solutions to be cost-effective and scalable to empower IT professionals to get more done. Given the rapid rise in inflation and a potential recessionary period, it’s more important than ever to provide our customers with affordable solutions. ”
Additional insightful findings:
- IT security budgets set to increase. In addition to anticipated security staffing increases, about 86% of respondents expect their IT security budget to increase or stay the same this year. About 1/3 identified security incidents and concerns among the top three budget drivers.
- More automation, please. About 33% of the respondents ranked increasing IT productivity through automation among the top three business priorities. In fact, 48% – almost half – are planning to invest in automation technologies in 2023.
- Say goodbye to legacy systems. Outdated infrastructure is the biggest budget driver after business growth with 40% of respondents looking to update their technology this year.
- What are the top IT functions businesses are outsourcing to MSPS?
- IT security
- Cloud infrastructure management
- Backup management
- Network monitoring
- Help desk
- Endpoint management (desktops, laptops and servers)
For the past eight years, Kaseya has surveyed IT professionals worldwide to gain insight into industry trends so that knowledge can then be shared with the IT community at large to better understand and service customers.
Click here to download the full 2022 IT Operations Report.