5th Annual Worldwide MSP Market Analysis Offers Insight into Market Prices, exposes key differences between High and Low Growth MSPs, and identifies Key Customer Challenges
NEW YORK – Jan. 20, 2016 – Kaseya®, the leading provider of complete IT management solutions for Managed Service Providers (MSPs) and small to midsized businesses, today released the results of its annual Managed Service Provider (MSP) Global Pricing Survey, which reveals a continued surge in overall growth for MSPs, especially for those offering security services.
As part of its unwavering commitment to the MSP community, Kaseya also announced the appointment of industry veteran Miguel Lopez as Senior Vice President and General Manager for MSP Solutions. Lopez brings over 20 years of managed services experience to his role and will lead Kaseya’s MSP strategies and consult with Kaseya partners large and small to help them better solve their clients’ business problems with Kaseya technology solutions.
With survey findings gathered from operators of nearly 400 MSP firms spread across more than 30 countries, Kaseya’s Global Pricing Survey report provides unique visibility into both the pricing and new service offering trends in the MSP market segment. The results provide a wealth of detail into what services MSPs currently offer, how they price them and how the MSP business has changed over the past year.
Key findings from Kaseya’s 2016 survey include that high growth MSPs:
- Have experienced more than 20% annual growth over the past three years;
- Offer security services as a key competitive advantage as they’ve indicated that ‘heightened security risks’ is the top IT problem or service that they expect their clients to have for 2016;
- Offer Desktop Security services (75%)
- Offer Identity & Access Management services which are growing at a double digit Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) over the past three years (33%)
- Are more than twice as likely to offer cloud-based services such as monitoring, hosting, backup/recovery, and desktop/server management;
- Charge more per hour for their technicians;
- Have a larger hourly price spread between level one, two and three technicians;
- Charge more on average for monthly server support and maintenance;
- Provide hosting services for customer-owned equipment (85%)
- Offer cloud services (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) (50%)
- Expect increased revenues in 2016 (66%)
For more details and comprehensive analysis of the findings, the Kaseya MSP Global Pricing Survey Report is available here: 2016 Global MSP Pricing Survey Results
“As the leading provider of IT management, security and automation technology to MSPs, Kaseya is in the enviable position of being the vendor that others look to for information on what separates a successful MSP from the pack. Having been on both sides (MSP and vendor), I know first hand that successful MSPs have bolder strategies and put their customers’ concerns first,” said Miguel Lopez, SVP and GM of MSPs, Kaseya. “At Kaseya, we base our own customer success model on our customers’ year-over-year growth rather than our own company’s sales. It turns out that the most successful MSPs follow the same model for their customers. Kaseya’s annual MSP survey provides the industry with a tool to use to evaluate what company success looks like, and highlights the areas that the most successful MSPs thrive at.”