VSA Innovation Spotlight
As a Kaseya company, VSA is committed to delivering innovative features and functionality, designed to significantly enhance our customers’ service delivery quality and workflow efficiency. Take a peek at some of our latest new features:
Manage IT on-the-go with the Kaseya Fusion Mobile App
Get IT done faster on the go with the Kaseya Fusion Mobile App. Create, update and close service tickets. Execute VSA agent procedures (automation scripts). Get IT Glue organizational data. All in one mobile app.
Download Our Product Brief
Kaseya Unified Backup (KUB)
Deploy the world’s best DRaaS and BDR services in an integrated appliance-based platform
Antivirus & Anti-Malware
Deploy and manage AV/AM solutions to secure your endpoints
Office 365 Backup
Automate backup, restore and reporting for O365 data
Third-Party Patch Management
Manage third-party software patches
Kaseya makes what could otherwise be a huge project super easy stuff. VSA is probably the most important force multiplier in my environment. Our workforce is increasingly mobile and regularly have a huge number of endpoints not sitting directly on the LAN. The ability to continue managing them fairly effectively is excellent.
I like the simplicity of executing tasks once they are automated and configure all since the same dashboard. Also, I like the history that you keep of the process after each task had been executed. From the audit perspective, the way that you check the log of the last tasks executed and changes applied to a server. Solves core problems like patching the users and servers in our organizations, it simplifies completely the process and reporting in general.
Featured Case Study
Jacobs Engineering Group Leverages Kaseya VSA to Automate IT Management
Jacobs Engineering Group is a world leader in design, engineering, construction and technical services, delivering end-to-end innovative solutions that provide superior value to its clients. One business unit in the company uses Kaseya for IT management. This group mostly works in the aeronautical field with NASA and the Department of Defense. Travis Graef, Assistant System Administrator, is one of the six people in the organization’s IT Team. His areas of responsibility run the gamut of everyday IT operations tasks.
Frequently Asked Questions
Remote monitoring and management or RMM is the process with which managed service providers (MSPs) and internal IT teams remotely and proactively supervise and control IT systems including computers, networks, endpoints and more. It involves processes like installing software and managing activities on the endpoints, servers, workstations, software, systems and networks of a client, without being physically present on their premises. Given the steady increase in the prevalence of highly distributed IT environments, leading internal IT teams are now leveraging the power of RMM.
While managed services providers (MSPs) refer to the process of remotely supervising and controlling client's IT infrastructure as remote monitoring and management (RMM), internal IT teams monitor and manage their own IT environment through a process they refer to as endpoint management.
RMM is a crucial tool for MSPs to support smooth business operations, boost technician efficiency and enhance service delivery for the highly distributed IT environments of their clients. RMM software also empowers internal IT teams to leverage automation and seamless workflow integrations to streamline their IT operations and ‘do more with less'. In essence, RMM supercharges IT service providers by eliminating inefficiency with all-in-one endpoint management, automation, and protection so they can get ahead of the curve.
Here's a list of key benefits of RMM that both MSPs and internal IT teams value most:
- Comprehensive visibility through proactive remote monitoring: RMM provides IT professionals with the visibility they need to proactively supervise, control and secure IT systems and networks, regardless of their location.
- Boost efficiency with powerful automation: RMM tools provide powerful automation capabilities to supercharge technician efficiency by accelerating critical processes such as ticketing, security and backup. Leading RMMs empower your business to auto-remediate common IT problems and tickets.
- Protect every endpoint with a complete solution: Powered by advanced security modules such as EDR, DDoS, Managed SOC, AV, WAF and more, RMM solutions help protect all your as well as your client's endpoints (on-premises, hybrid and cloud) against sophisticated cyberthreats.
- Streamline IT management from a single pane of glass: A leading RMM has seamless integrations with other critical workflows such as PSA, IT documentation, backup, security and compliance. RMM solutions enable you to streamline your IT operations from a single pane of glass, saving crucial technician time that would otherwise be spent switching between multiple applications.
- Faster resolution of IT issues: Given the level of visibility the RMM platform provides, it is easier for IT service providers to quickly and proactively detect and remediate IT issues before they get out of hand.
- IT management on the go: Advanced RMM tools enable MSPs and internal IT teams to manage their IT infrastructure from an all-in-one app. The app enables you to run automation scripts as well as create, update and close tickets on the go.
RMM tools are designed to perform the remote monitoring and management function with which IT service providers can remotely support and control the on- and off-network devices in their IT environments. The RMM tool provides the IT team with remote control over the network and involves processes such as:
- Software installation and patch management
- Monitoring and alerts
- Discovery and inventory management
- Remote control
- Auto-remediation of common problems through automation
RMM's deploy an agent, which is a lightweight software installed on client servers, hypervisors, workstations, networking devices, laptops and all other devices connected to the network.
This agent allows technicians to get real-time insights on the health of the client's IT environment and to control and monitor remote devices.
The RMM agents can connect without VPN and firewalls, hence when you install an RMM agent onto a device, the RMM platform can recognize it from anywhere, allowing technicians to control devices remotely.
Both MSPs and internal IT teams need the best RMM available. Internal and external IT service providers can leverage RMM tools to manage their endpoints, ensure maximum uptime and automate common IT processes.
Internal IT teams using RMM tools may not call them “RMM” per se since the commonly used terms are “endpoint management software” or “network monitoring software,” but in any case, the functions being used are the same.
Given the plethora of options available, choosing a robust RMM tool like Kaseya VSA that works for you can be a challenge. Here's a list of things to consider when evaluating RMM software:
- A complete solution that integrated seamlessly into your existing IT stack.
- Powerful automation with a library of automation scripts to enhance technician efficiency, increasing productivity and minimizing errors.
- Best-in-class security is another indispensable feature that the ideal RMM solution must offer you.
- The tool must be easy to onboard regardless of the unique needs of your organization.
- Easy navigation and intuitiveness are important attributes of an RMM to resolve issues faster
- The RMM tool must offer seamless integration with other workflows such as IT documentation, PSA, security, backup and more.
- The tool should be priced right so you get the maximum value for your investment.
- The tool should be scalable and designed to grow with the unique needs of your business.
VSA is a unified RMM solution that offers superior IT management capabilities and supercharges IT teams by eliminating inefficiency with all-in-one endpoint management, automation, and protection so you can get ahead of the curve.
VSA offers best-in-class security and enhanced threat protection with EDR, Managed SOC, DDoS, WAF, AV & more. Additionally, VSA offers robust patch management capabilities for not only your on- and off-network devices but also your third-party applications. Enforced 2FA further bolsters the security of your systems and networks by restricting access to only authorized users.